If you are thinking of buying some pigs for
the family farm or to do Farmer’s Markets with good tasting meat, BETTER GIVE TAMS A TRY!
• The National Tamworth Association is busy promoting our great grazer hogs and they are the best tasting meat for the Farm Markets. They are recognized for their great taste at these markets.
• Tamworths are super hogs for the small scale farmer, as they don’t require an expensive set up and can make do with older facilities. They can farrow outside except in extreme cold. Some bedding and a shed will do.
• Tamworths are a really nice to watch as they run and play.
• We registered over 200 litters and 1535 pigs this past year—many of whom went to 4-H club members for county shows and state fairs. Tamworths have breeders in several states.
• The National Tamworth Type Conference will be held September 1st & 2nd this year at Greencastle, IN. We have attendees from several states.
• There were approximately 100 head entered in our last National Show & Sale.
The show this year will be at 12:00 noon on Sunday to give more time between the end of the show and the start of the sale. Entries must be at the fairground by 5 p.m. on Saturday.
If you can’t make it by Noon on Sunday, please call David LaFollette and let him help you to make plans. Remember January pigs can be in the Jr. Champion classes if they were so shown at their State Fairs. Motion made that if you are selling a boar in the sale that isn’t a Junior Champion, you must bring a gilt to sell also. — You do not have to bring a boar to sell a gilt in the show or sale. Junior members may sell a gilt without selling a boar. Each member may sell 10 pigs—2 boars and 8 gilts. We wanted everyone to know we would like to have you join us for the National Tamworth Type Conference show and sale this year.
REMEMBER—SEPTEMBER 1st & 2nd—Greencastle, Indiana. Banquet at 6:30pm this year.
SHOW & SALE Sunday September 2nd — Putnam County Fairgrounds
US 231 North, Greencastle, IN
The Tamworth Swine Association will hold the Annual Meeting & Banquet on Saturday, September 1st at the Putnam Inn Restaurant with Social Hour 6:00—6:30pm, followed by Dinner at 6:30pm. The following day, the Show & Sale will take place beginning at 12 noon concluding with the sale at 5:00pm. The Show & Sale will take place at the Putnam County Fairgrounds, US 231 North, Greencastle, Indiana.
Motels: College Castle Motel, 231 South, Greencastle, Indiana (765) 653-4167.
For information, contact Shirley R. Brattain, Secretary, 621 N 850 W, Greencastle, IN 46135-7771 Tel: (765) 653-4913 • Email: SALE@TamworthSwine.org
Look for the latest news and updates at www.TamworthSwine.org
If you plan to attend, please let us know if you are coming by August 15th so we may have a pen room available.
Remember, the gilt you show in the Junior Show may not be shown in the regular
Type Conference Show. Pigs shown in the Junior Show are not to be sold.